View Single Post

Old 09-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Its Sunday, and I am recovering!
lol
The day after London Scale Model Expo 2018.

Was a long day for various reasons...but I also came home with some serious head congestion and terrible dryness in my throat and sinuses.
Not sure if it was a byproduct of the event, location, etc, or if I am coming down with something...feel a bit better today.

Anyway, the event was an enjoyable success.
Another good London Scale Model show.

Big crowd for the first couple of hours (through the Vendors Market) and a nice turnout for the Model Competition.
Not nearly as many models as in past years, but a very nice assortment of category entries!
I was really impressed with the varied topics.
And of the fewer number of models, the quality seemed that much higher.

I forgot to photograph my vendor table, where I had a number of Paper Models on display including 7 aircraft, 1 PT Boat, and a few small scale vehicles (Airfield and Automotive Diorama Accessories)
I managed to sell quite a few Printed Kits, a couple of Discs (Digital Models) and handed out many business cards.
Oh, I also took some Plastic kits for sale, and sold most of those.
So, all my expenses were covered for the day and I still went home with a very small profit.

I took a handful of photos over in the competition area...didn't have my camera with me, just my smartphone.
I planned to take a few more but I got lazy, sorry...but there were some amazing builds.
Look see here: https://imgur.com/a/mPQJFDU

I didn't expect to win anything with my Saladin entry...and I didn't...but it was fun to put it out there.
However I could have saved $5 and placed it on my Vendor Display table (I was disappointed that I did not have a large scale Vehicle on the table).
Oh well, next time.

So, all in all, a good show, too bad it only comes around every other year.

At some point, the London club will update their website with photos and event results, so watch there for more info:
London Scale Model Show