Thread: Laser Printer
View Single Post

Old 09-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
no, it is will not hurt your printer, you might get annoyed after awhile having to do this.

Keep in mind with laser printers, while the print looks nice and crisp, once you start scoring and folding the parts, the toner will flake off, as the toner sits on top of the paper, and unlike an inkjet where the ink soaks into the paper.
2 remedies exist to prevent flaking, spray the sheets with a fixative, this will make the toner more plastic, and flexible, and will reduce the flaking, second is to select the card stock or heavy paper option as this will make the fuser run a bit hotter, and allow the toner to attach to the paper a bit better.

but keep in mind, YMMV
I'm surprised by your comment. I have printed my models using a Ricoh professional laser printer and the flaking you mention has NEVER happened. Perhaps you know why? The printer? I don't like inkjet because it fades very easily with only a few weeks after building and exhibiting the model. Laser printed models never fade, my experience, at least. Also inkjet never prints accurate colors as depicted by Photoshop or other software.

Rick