View Single Post

Old 10-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.53 MB
Landing Gear Indicator

PMs

OK, its taken some time and a lot of research to start the build of this Indicator. First of all, thanks to all the many pms Ive received information from and the Italian Air force museum for looking inside their Macchi for me.

There is very little good close up pictures of this Indicator, everything is either out of focus or at a distance. The best info has come from 3D modelers and the sim guys.

What you see below is the best depiction of the Indicator based on a number of pics and similar indicators from other Italian war-birds of the period:

example of a similar indicator from a Macchi C205:

After designing the indicator on my laptop I printed it out and pritsticked it to Cornflakes card. Here I cut out the holes for the lights (none will be fitted):

To the rear I attached green and red cellophane (red to the top). To simulate the undercarriage down I also placed black behind the red cellophane to make the lights look out and white behind the green. This give the impression of lights on and lights off (I think anyway):

I was unsure of this but I wanted the fuselage shape to look embossed out - So, I cut out the fuselage and placed it on thick card which I cut out again before placing it onto the previous work:

Unlike the previous gauges, the indicator is attached from the front of the panel and not the rear so the indicator has attachment lugs:

This is how it looks so far!
I think its what the real thing would have looked like going from the info Ive been provided.

More to follow, once again, thanks for all the help and support from my many helpers.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-20181001_204828.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-20180930_190139.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-20181001_210405.jpg   Macchi C.202 Instrument Panel-20181001_205436.jpg  
Tertius Primus Erit