View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Next the wings.

Picture 1 – The two wings cut out before assembly.

Picture 2 – The wings are then made up by glueing the tabs. I started with the long tab, and then followed up with each of the smaller tabs, letting each one dry before I did the next.

Before fixing the wings to the body they must be further curved into shape, so they fit around the circular body. Keep dry fitting them to the body and keep shaping them until the fit is good.

Picture 3 – The parts now shaped and ready to be attached.

Dry fitting showed that some of the insides of the wings may just be visible in place. Like the tail already made, I painted them therefore with some watercolour. The inside of the wings will not really be visible, so leave out this step if you want.

Picture 4 – The wings after painting.

Picture 5 – The wings ready to be attached.

The wings are glued on by placing glue INSIDE the body and then carefully sliding each wing in from the back. Adjust and check the positioning, using the colouring on the outside of the wings and body as a reference, and then use to your fingers to hold in the wing in place to start the drying process.

Picture 6 - Repeat with other wing and you now have a headless bird! Check alignment again of both the wings.

And no guesses as to what will be next – the head and neck!
Attached Thumbnails
Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w1.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w2.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w3.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w4.jpg   Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w5.jpg  

Hoopoe - Johan Scherft-w6.jpg