View Single Post

Old 10-14-2018, 05:52 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Thanks Elliot. I was thinking maybe I should have continued with AgaPablo via PM, but he provided so much interesting information early in the exchange that I decided to let it go, hoping others would find it interesting too. The whole Spanish conflict is fascinating and a bit confusing to me, especially in the Basque region.

This particular armored truck designed by Sr Bea is not of any specific vehicle that has been captured in photos, but instead is representative of the type of vehicles that were used in the conflict.

That being said, the made up history on the specific truck I'm modeling is this: it was originally a Republican vehicle which broke down and had to be abandoned. Repaired and then fielded by a group of fiercely independent Basque Nationalist fighters, the old slogans were painted over, the new ones painted on in their indigenous (and preferred) Euskera language. The Basque flag is prominently displayed on the turret. The slogans "Lets go Forward!" and "Join the Basque offensive" are on the sides. EAJ-PNV painted in red on the back of the truck advertises this band of fighter's allegiance to the Basque Nationalist Party. I decided against using the fist.

My personal thanks to AgaPablo for his help with the slogans because without it, I would have screwed up royally (and embarrassingly).