View Single Post

Old 10-14-2018, 08:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.73 MB
Initial build pics part 2

Yet more initial build pics :

1st up is the lower hull section reinforcement work. The original instructions call for 10mm by 122.5mm strips to be attached at the upper hull joints, but are way too weak for my taste. My dimensions are 73.5mmx10mmx2mm for the strips.

Here I have used heavy cardstock, 2mm thick to build a hull support skeleton. Just enough to keep the center section straight. I will add another T section in the middle, and a lower hull strip along the keel bottom as well.

I'll build up something similar for the upper hull.

Next the Stern keel and rudder/prop shafts bits, not quite ready to assemble as I haven't figured out how to close the stern hull pieces with the rudder assembly yet. All edges colored, butt joints with join strips. All on 110lb stock.

Last are all the deck pieces laminated and ready to cut-up. Various deck funnels and other small bits were printed in all the center sections, which I removed.

More pics tomorrow

Rico
Attached Thumbnails
Kronprinzessin Cecilie in 1/333rd scale-dscn1537.jpg   Kronprinzessin Cecilie in 1/333rd scale-dscn1545.jpg   Kronprinzessin Cecilie in 1/333rd scale-dscn1546.jpg