View Single Post

Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Downloadable building kits

The video looks at 3Dk, a British supplier of downloadable building kits and building papers for model railroads. I have both their free models and they look good.

I've also built or kitbashed models downloaded from Clever Models (US), Scalescenes (UK), Model Railway Scenery (UK). All produce very nice kits that compare well to plastic kits. With the price of plastic kits going through the stratosphere, paper models look better and better.

From right to left, the photos are two pix of a kitbash ("Vague Industries") using four Clever Models kits, two pix of a scratchbuilt factory using building papers from Clever Models and ScaleScenes, another Clever Models kitbash, Clever Models' "Habbaker's Garage, and small shed from ScaleScenes (a free download).
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0079-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0097-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0007-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0025-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-img_0059-sm.jpg  

Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-habbakers-garage-photo-sm.jpg   Paper Model Building Video and Link to model download-goods-shed-scalescenes-photo-sm.jpg