View Single Post

Old 10-20-2018, 05:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.19 MB
So i've just finished the mid or cargo section of the model as well as getting the second PDC and housing made.

The only issue is I am finding that some of the parts of the design are a bit on the fiddly side which in turn also means that once together the model can be a bit delicate.

Not an issue for my model at 150% size but it could prove to be problematic for folk wanting to use these on the original or even smaller scale sizes. So I opted to do a small redesign.

The barrel is no longer a single piece glued to the turret, I made it longer so it goes inside the turret and is glued to the back of the turret. The inside of the turret also has a reinforcement rectangle that the barrel is fed through and this is also glued to the back of the turret. The feet are no longer two parts glued to the underside of the barrel but instead one single rectangle that is fed through a hole that is cut in the base of the turret and then glued to support rectangle inside the barrel.

The result is a much more sturdy PDC, there are less complex folds, cuts and fiddly bits to work with so making them smaller shouldn't result in parts becoming too fiddly to work with while keeping the overall look of the PDC intact.

I'll need to have a think about the guards on the top of the PDC as these won't reduce in size very well so a more simlfied shape may be required.