View Single Post

Old 10-22-2018, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ Michael - good one You got it
@ Erik - At 90º, the flaps seem to work as spoilers or airbrakes! The assembly drawings show them at almost this angle and Kroolo's link (thanks for it ) tend to prove that the angle is possible!
@ WVA - as I told, it was surprisingly easy. The upper wing skin doesn't glue to the bottom skin. They both glue to the card structure, which has to be very carefully aligned to provide the support needed at the correct place.
@ Rata - thanks for the explanation The Spitfires had enough power to take off without flaps in a decent distance. You mention carrier operations - flaps certainly allow for a reduced approach and landing speed...

The last construction pictures show the canopy. As always, I used the plastic accessory sold separately. It doesn’t include the armored windscreen but, as this one is flat…
Attached Thumbnails
Spitfire Mk.Ia - 1/33 - Halinski-spitfire-i-c92.jpg   Spitfire Mk.Ia - 1/33 - Halinski-spitfire-i-c93.jpg   Spitfire Mk.Ia - 1/33 - Halinski-spitfire-i-c94.jpg   Spitfire Mk.Ia - 1/33 - Halinski-spitfire-i-c95.jpg   Spitfire Mk.Ia - 1/33 - Halinski-spitfire-i-c96.jpg