View Single Post

Old 11-20-2018, 03:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 13.47 MB
regarding the use of 'classical' products for paper modelling. yes absolutely. though my base material is paper/card stock i don't like the look of pre-printed models. therefore i prefer to paint myself and use everything from water based vallejo acrylics to lacquers like alclad and oils & pastels for weathering. the only thing to keep in mind is that paper is porous and the paint may bleed or smear. test your paper paint combination before applying to the model. i seal my card stock with thin ca or a commercial grade 'wood sealer' which also allows me to sand and grind. the tools i use for paper modelling are also the the same as those i use for plastic modelling - the usual knives, files, cutters, sandpaper, rotary tool, airbrush etc. finally, don't hesitate to use other materials besides paper, metal, wood, plastic- whatever seems the most appropriate for a certain part. check out the modelling threads of enrico and milan paulus. these guys are masters of scratch building with paper. looking forward to seeing your models!