View Single Post

Old 11-30-2018, 08:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 9.39 MB
My 'other' hobby- Paranormal News Today. (YT Channel)

Pretty sure this is the appropriate place to put this. If not, or if it's not allowed, I'm sure rickstef or another admin will take care of it and I'll tender my apologies in advance rather than take the 'thousand exacto blade cuts of remorse' punishment....

Wait, we don't do that anymore?
Damn. Leave for a few years and everyone gets all pacifist.

So, for those long time members here, I'm back after a prolonged hiatus- which included the death of my first wife, getting married again, ect. Years fly by. Grief consumes and fades away, life starts over. Idle hands become the Devil's Tools.

So, in the meantime, I needed something to do (not being quite in the modeling mood at the time). So about two years ago I started my own YT channel covering the Paranormal/UFOs, ect...

But not the way the 'other' channels do it.

I got tired of all the crap on YT- literally blatant photo shopped videos being touted as real footage and the fanboy 'believers' being bilked just for views and ad $$$$... So hence, PNT- or Paranormal News Today.

The idea was:

"Gee, what if the evening news reported on and took these things seriously instead of just dismissing them out of hand? What if they educated the public on the easily identified common causes instead of jumping immediately to "it's an alien!"

We, on the other hand, take an open minded, reason based (Occam's Razor) approach. Show all sides of the issue, lay out the facts, do the research, let the viewers decide.

Think of it as a spiritual ancestor of the old "In Search Of..." with Leonard Nimoy with a bit of tongue in cheek humor.

I put a hell of a lot of work into it and I think my production values are fairly high, considering it's just a one man operation... and not even monetized at that (come on, 1000 subs!).

So if this sounds like something that's up your alley, if you want some sarcastic humor with the oddities in the world... feel free to stop by and check my work out. See what I do when I'm NOT building insanely large and complex starships.

Link:

Paranormal News Today - YouTube

Tune in and hopefully enjoy the show.

-E