View Single Post

Old 12-01-2018, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Rear section is almost complete, I'm really pleased with how quickly this came together, thanks to those days off last week. I've left off the compartments that sit between the wheels, I'll add those after the wheels are on, to make sure everything lines up properly.

Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-11.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-22.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-33.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-44.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-55.jpgModelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-66.jpg

I've also built the two ladders that go on this section. I've been using brass rod for most of the metal parts on this build and have had some pretty bad luck trying to solder stuff together so I've given up on that idea and was introduced to a glue called J-B Weld. This stuff is great, it's a 2 part epoxy and although it takes a long time to set and cure properly, the bond is fantastic, this will be my new "go to" glue for working with metal parts in future.

I built a quick and easy jig out of scrap card to hold all the parts in place during the excessive cure time.

Modelik - Maz-543 + SS-1C Scud B-img20181130212312.jpg

Next up, I will be building the missile. I've been trying to leave it till last as I've heard it's the easiest part of this kit to build, or least troublesome anyway, but like Greg suggested in his build thread, it might be handy to have it built for when I'm building the launch pad and missile gantry.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000