View Single Post

Old 12-02-2018, 01:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250

Hi everyone!

While reading on this forum I saw several threads about the beautiful HMV harbour diorama and I immediately knew I would like to build it myself. So after I finished my Eiffel Tower model I bought the HMV diorama. It will be my first model in this really small scale of 1:250 and I don't even know if I'm able to work with such small parts. But you'll never know it untill you try it... right?!

So, I started a few weeks ago with the locomotive of the train, a complex part of the scenery. If I'm able to build this one, then I'll manage the rest of the project too I think...

Pieces of this train are soo small that the white edges of the paper are good visible after the folding ore cutting, so I painted all the edges where possible.
Also I made use of the laser cut set which comes with the model (if you want) It gives so much more depth and detail to the object!

Progress went on very well and after only a few days I finished the locomotive. The result looks good! Time to move on to the next stage!
Attached Thumbnails
HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-01.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-02.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-04_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-05_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-09_snapseed.jpg  

HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-06_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-08_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-10_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-17_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-20_snapseed.jpg  

HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-26_snapseed.jpg   HMV Hamburg Harbor Diorama 1:250-27_snapseed.jpg