View Single Post

Old 12-27-2018, 03:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Newbie seeking help, advice and suggestions

Hello everybody!

I'm completely new here and this is my first post so please forgive me if I make any mistakes or am asking in the wrong sub-forum.

I am really interested in designing and making paper models. Now I can do that for objects that have mostly straight and planar surfaces. (e.g. I had made a paper model of the Nintendo Entertainment System). But when it comes to curves and arches I am completely stumped!

I know there are quite a few softwares out there that can take a 3D model and put it onto a flat paper that I can print out and cut and join. But I don't want to do it that way. (I'm not very good with computers anyway! LOL!)

Basically I want to make this cardboard car of Cruella DeVil that was used in the 101 Dalmatians cartoon. I have literally no idea where to start. How do I plot the various curved sections correctly on paper? How can I measure such shapes correctly?

If such methods/tips/techniques have been already discussed/posted here in the forums then please direct me to them.

I would greatly greatly appreciate any sort of advice/suggestion/explanation as to how I can go about plotting/drawing this car's design on paper.

Thank you so much!

Newbie seeking help, advice and suggestions-devilmodel_car.jpg

Newbie seeking help, advice and suggestions-cruellas-car-concept-3.jpg

Newbie seeking help, advice and suggestions-cruellas-car-concept-4.jpg

Newbie seeking help, advice and suggestions-644c3c8ac8b9440c1c79d1e5c7a16f14.jpg