View Single Post

Old 12-27-2018, 11:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you so much Rubenandres77!!! Your reply is super helpful! I was delighted to learn that someone other than myself was also interested in this car model. I actually also learned about this car from Andreas Deja's blog (which I follow ardently!) It really is a rather simple but beautiful and elegant model and that is why I became obsessed with trying to make a model of it.

Your advice and suggestions were super helpful! I didn't know about plotting the 3-views on paper. Thanks to you, now I know where to start from! Also your suggestion about using trial and error for some of the more difficult curves makes total sense.

I have seen and saved many pics of the DeVil car model but I had never seen that pic you posted of the car being made. Seeing some of those unassembled pieces helps even more! I think that is Woolie Reitherman assembling the car model.

Thank you so much once again for all your help @Rubenandres77. I really appreciate it!

On a slightly separate note, can you give me some ideas/tips/suggestions on how I can go about creating a paper model of an object (like a toy) that I have? I have this really nice toy car that I had since childhood and I would like to make a paper model copy of it. It also has some curved shapes here and there. Nothing too extreme though. But I just wanted to know if there is a specific way of measuring the shapes of an object that you have in hand and plotting them on paper.

Thanks again!