View Single Post

Old 12-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

Just a couple of smalls this week, both of which are available from Carrera4fun.

Carrera4Fun.de - Die Webseite für den Carrera UNI 132 und Slotcar Fan

The 55 gallon fuel and oil drums were a fun project for me. These were the first things I created on the computer by importing company logos and placing them onto the basic oil drum graphics provided by Carrera4fun. You can see that I went a little mad with my newfound know-how.

The drums on the roof of the pits building have already been discussed, and here‘s another photograph of them. I also made some drums to fit into the bed of my diecast 1/32 Mack Bulldog flatbed truck. In keeping with the lack of safety concerns at the old Nurburgring track, I’ve also scattered some drums around the layout in dangerous places.

None of the drums are modeled on an actual prototype, they were just cobbled together using easily found logos placed in the center of the drums with appropriate corporate colors making up the rest of the drum’s paint. The stacks are glued together to make moving and cleaning easier. There are nearly 40 drums on the layout.

As a side note, I printed out the racecar’s makes and numbers that appear in the red, plastic Scalextric event board. Now the signs match actual cars on the layout. Hey, those signs are models too, right?

Also from Carrera4fun is the winner’s podium. The simple paper part looks like it’s made from brick and is big enough to hold the winner and a couple of losers. The figures on the podium are ridiculously expensive Preiser figures, but they are beautifully done and I’m happy to have them. The podium is actually facing backwards, as the off side has the numbers for first, second and third place on number boards below the platforms. The black numbers are not properly centered in the white boards, so I chose not to display them. The black and white checkerboard piece of card under the media’s feet is 1/12 scale dollhouse flooring.

That’s about it for the paper models on my slot car layout. There’s one more for next week.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Slot Car Buildings-img_1902.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1684.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1668.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1855.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1853.jpg  

Slot Car Buildings-img_1728.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1913.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1910.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1919.jpg   Slot Car Buildings-img_1916.jpg