View Single Post

Old 12-29-2018, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 948.05 MB
Hello everybody

Today's update is not great in advancement of the build since I bumped into issues.
According to instruction, I had to complete fog lights and turn indicators block

It doesn't look too difficult in instruction. There is a base made from cowl wrapped around the almost oval base. Then fog light and the blinker are made from intricately twisted strips about 1mm wide with base simulating plastic light covers. Then the lights should be inserted flush into base with a small part separating between these lights, covered by transparent parts and glued onto front understructure
The issues began with base former which is much smaller than needed to form the lights' base correctly. There is a gap of almost 3mm wide between the former and the wrap. I tried to decrease the wrap only to find that the lights don't fit. So I cut off the former and glued it on thin cardboard. Then I wrapped this former with narrow paper strip and only then the former was set correctly into its place. The problem with this way is that thick former uses place for winker. After some adjustments the winker would get into its place correctly

Still, lights block was a bit larger than needed. I used the separating part to cover connection between the blinker and the fog light. I still did not install the transparent cover on headlights block nor on this block. I used a black marker to edge color the parts which was not correct. Next time I will edge color with my wife's eyeliner pencil like I do it for ages

There are not too many pictures. On one of them the gap between the base former and the base wrap can be seen
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi FTO build log-20181229_133918-600x800.jpg   Mitsubishi FTO build log-20181229_133829-800x600.jpg   Mitsubishi FTO build log-20181229_133835-800x600.jpg   Mitsubishi FTO build log-20181229_133844-800x600.jpg