View Single Post

Old 01-02-2019, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Operation: Desert Rescue

This thread will be following my monumentally epic new project, I'm expecting this to take a good year or more to complete. Consider this a build thread for the diorama itself, the individual vehicles will have their own threads.

The scenario is a small US military convoy has been despatched to salvage a downed Apache helicopter in the desert somewhere in the middle east.

First of all, before I get jumped by rivet counters, I have a feeling this will be rather realistically inaccurate. I seriously doubt they would use a truck like this to transport an Apache, but the idea came from a photo I saw of a plastic kit of this truck with a UH-60 Blackhawk on the back. The convoy needs to be fast... so no tanks. There is also the issue of "how did they get the chopper on the truck?" (Magic).

The idea behind the rest of this build came about by me not being able to decide on a single kit to build next... So I'm going to build all of them.

I'm going to build 2 Humvee's for this diorama, but not the one pictured above, I bought that years ago and it seems to be a bit too simple for my liking.

First cab off the rank: The M1070 and M1000

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000