View Single Post

Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
Anchor...

Hi @ all!

Thank you Mike!The light is natural sun light, which hangs really low in the sky during the winter months here...

For the pilgrims to be able to settle the new lands, they need to be able to anchor the ship in a safe bay.

Throughout the winter holiday I've managed to make some progress on the cannons and anchors. I needed a break from stitching the sails and rigging...

Material & Methods

I used mainly a 1mm thick card, a thin card for the metal bands around the stock, the self adhesive foil, a 1mm thick wire and oil paints (burned umber, burned sienna, black).

Picture 1 shows the anchor parts ready to be assembled on the left and the individual parts in a 'raw state' on the right.
From the plans I copied the anchor shank and arms as well as the stock on the thick card (pic. 2). The anchor shank was then glued on another 1mm card, cut and glued again on another card to have a 3 layer thick anchor (pic. 3), which was then cut into shape with the scalpel. The stock was made from 3 layers as well, of which the outer layers have the self adhesive foil attached (pic. 4&5). The wooden parts were altered with oil paint, the anchor and the ring were painted with a black acrylic marker. It gives it a shiny metallic appearance, although there is no metallic particles in the marker.

Pictures 6&7 show the ready anchor resting on a 'stone' next to the captain and pic.8 shows the real anchor next to the captain...

More will follow soon!

Rgds,
Radek
Attached Thumbnails
Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf441.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf437.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf438.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf439.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf440.jpg  

Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf442.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf443.jpg   Mayflower Galleon 1:100 (The pilgrims journey)-mf444.jpg  
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20