View Single Post

Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Wryneck - Johan Scherft

Well, today I got Johan’s new model of the Wryneck, and could not resist plonking it down on the workplace to build - along with two other builds I have running. Not an issue – as I often do this and swop from one model to the other as I work. Gives me something to do while parts dry!

The Wryneck has just been released, and is available from Johan's website as a paid download. Nice to see a new model – I think it is basically nearly a year since his last (the Robin).

The download is 9 pages and contains a cover sheet (with some interesting information about the bird), 3 pages of parts and 5 pages of Johan’s usual “photo” instructions

The actual model itself has a total of 19 parts, and due to the quality of the various colours needs a decent printer to get the most out of the artwork. Each part sheet has a measurement scale showing a 10 centimeter bar at the side - to ensure all the sheets are printed to the right size and match each other in size!

The recommended size of paper for printing is 80 or 120 gram – 120 grm = 36lb bond or ledger. If you want to use 80grm (24 bond or ledger) this should also work.

Picture 1 shows a picture of the bird from the cover sheet, courtesy Johan Scherft.

Picture 2 shows the three sheets printed out and ready to go. As per usual the white blocks are my addition.

So, the next step will be for me to cut out all the parts as per usual, as well as find out a little bit more about the actual bird!

As for the other 2 builds - well one is the Collared Flycatcher (Collared Flycatcher - Johan Scherft) and the other is.........well let's just leave as a surprise for the moment. Suffice to say I am cutting out pieces and also writing up the background to the kit, which I think will really be of interest to a few people.

And it's not another bird!
Attached Thumbnails
Wryneck - Johan Scherft-wryneck..jpg   Wryneck - Johan Scherft-w2.jpg