View Single Post

Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
I found an error on page 8 of the patterns. It affects only the 1-144 scale cargo bay where (a) the unpainted part of the cargo bay side walls are upside down and (b) the forward port side cables are too "fat". (you should see 4 individual cables, not a thick bundle).

I haven't figured out how to add a the revision to the download page so I will post it here.

The original version will fit into the AXM 1-144 scale model with some trimming. Trim the forward end of the unpainted side walls so when you slide or insert the cargo bay into the "payload bay box" the upper edge of the payload bay (patterns page 8) lines up with the markings on the interior of the "payload bay box" ("stsgeneral.pdf" from AXM Paper Space Scale Models.com - Space Shuttles, ISS and more paper rockets).

If you have already built the model and want to correct the "fat' cables, I would print the new "thin" cables on plain 21 lb (90 gsm) paper and paste it over the old cables like a decal.
Attached Thumbnails
STS-67 ASTRO-2 UV observatory-cargo-bay-1-144-scale-6228.jpg   STS-67 ASTRO-2 UV observatory-correct-1-144-scale-cargo-bay-pattern.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf STS-67 cargo bay 1-144 and 1-100 scale page8 ver2.pdf (1.70 MB, 11 views)