Thread: Ecardmodels
View Single Post

Old 01-19-2019, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
Post 3...
you are correct...it has been way too long.
You are new here, and I'll forgive your lack of understanding of how and why ecards has not reappeared.
You also aren't privy to what we are dealing with in private.
There are other threads that explain some of the difficulties we have faced.
I wish it were as simple as building a new webstore like many others have done.
It isn't.

Post 4...
3000 posts (in only a year?) of twaddle and complaints.
How about a "build thread" ...or a "tutorial"...or design and release your own model and post about that?
Anything but the pointless... aww nevermind.

"the whole handling of this has been questionable."
LOL what do you think is happening?
some sort of conspiracy to hide the truth about what is really happening in the secret spy organization known as ecardmodels?

"Trust me gang, the size and complexity of the ecards database is nothing compared to most other DBs."
Oh, so now you have intimate knowledge of the ecard database and what the problems are?
And you're going to teach us how it should be done.
And yet, I'm called "condescending"?

"Website design is no longer "smoke and mirrors""
Another implication that for some unknown reason ecardmodels is trying to hide something from you?! lol
This just gets better.

"there is no reason to have to share your income with a site like ecards."
You heard it from the expert folks...no reason to spend your money with us.
The paper model forum guru has decreed it.

"So now I will go get my helmet on..."
Make sure its bolted down securely and airtight. Wouldn't want any of those important paper model posts escaping your brain.
ROTFLMAO!!!

AirDave you are SO EASY to troll. I thought sure it would take you at least a few hours to attack but you are right here on it!

Excuse me but isn't a necessary part of this hobby peeps who actually build the models? Sorry that I have only added 3,000 posts of actually building stuff instead of ranting and raving about my free birthday offer, etc. Many of those threads were sincerely complimenting others as well . Not just a quick "atta boy" but carefully worded comments.

The sad thing is that I still recommend your P-47 build thread as a great tutorial for beginners. I have also built a few Koolwheelz and shared them with some kids. Also have pointed a few Moms to your site as a place to get kids started in paper modeling.

Regardless of your thoughts on the matter the whole ecards crash has been a debacle. What has it been now? Six months or more? Regardless of what you say I could have resurrected that site a few years ago when I and my employees were on their game in a few weeks AT MOST. It would also have been a viable site for years to come.

FYI in the years before Y2K my consulting company developed software that saved many companies from what could have put them out of business. I got my BS in Computer Science in 1980. I personally knew Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie who developed the "C" programming language. I served as a technical adviser to the ANSI committee that certified the "C" programming language in 1985.

So I really don't think you are in a position to question my abilities. You are certainly not in a position to question my Love for this hobby and the People who I consider very close friends on this forum. Needless to say I think you know where you fall on that list.

I have purposefully not replied to many of your posts in the last few months but the Ecards post this morning was just not something that I could let pass without making my comments. Now I suggest that you do what the moderators here have suggested to you and block me. I have no intention of leaving this site no matter how much abuse you give me and others, especially newcomers.

Have a Nice Day....
Live, Laff, Love...