View Single Post

Old 01-19-2019, 07:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowhawk View Post
Hi Pete, hi John,

I got both of these kits (saloon and delivery van) plus a prototype for the Mehari which AFAIK never made it into a bigger print run. Acquired them about 14 years ago at the international Citroen drivers meeting in Interlaken /Switzerland directly from the designer, an extremely friendly elderly gentleman. Looks like I got some treasures by now.

There was an amusing story tied to them: When I crossed back into Germany with my quaint little Citroen Visa filled with camping equipment and more I got asked if I imported anything. Being a conscientious man, I replied: "Yes, 3 paper model kits of old cars." Puzzled, the huge customs officer demanded in a rather imperative tone I should show them to him. O.K., no problem. The officer disappeared into the customs office, came back a few minutes later, returned the kits and allowed me to continue into Germany. By now, his face was a huge question mark, which contrasted rather starkly with his authoritative behaviour.

O.K., I managed not to burst out laughing until I was past the customs, but only just. :D
Do you still have the kits? Or you built them