View Single Post

Old 01-23-2019, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Answer-Studebaker US6

So I'm taking a break from the Famo to do a group build on the Facebook Panzer page. The group build is open to any WW2 subject serving in the European theatre (including Russia).

I also need a truck built for my local club for April's theme build.

So I pulled this one out thinking it would be a nice relaxing project. Yeah, its not so relaxing.

I wasn't going to do a build thread of it, but have reconsidered.

In general, the parts provided fit well. But a lack of instructions, poorly rendered diagrams (some mirror image to reality) and NO patterns for items that are to be fabricated are all hampering the attempt at relaxation.

So far the drive shafts and exhaust pipe have needed fabrication. I have replaced the rolled tube axles with plastic rod and the fit of the rear suspension takes far too many hands and fingers to get assembled correctly.

Also, the transfer case location and orientation is shown and marked incorrectly and orientation of the axles is so confusing, the only way to know how to build it is to find pictures on the internet or refer to a previous build of a similar drivetrain (Modelcard Zil Katyusha in my case).

So far this is making my Famo build seem like a walk in the park...
Attached Thumbnails
Answer-Studebaker US6-cover.jpg   Answer-Studebaker US6-frame-1.jpg   Answer-Studebaker US6-frame-2.jpg   Answer-Studebaker US6-rear-1.jpg   Answer-Studebaker US6-rear-2.jpg