View Single Post

Old 02-20-2019, 05:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

these are some photos from brushing off the excess flour, whereupon the patterns have reappeared. The long-haired soft brush was perfectly suited for it, and I was amazed how easily the flour was removed.

And this is how the cleanly brushed Dummy looks like with the following patterns:

1 - single rings of 1 mm Tape, distance 0,5 mm,

2 - single turns of 0,75 mm Tape, distance 0,5 mm, as a continuous spiral (Barber pole),

3 - single turns of Evergreen Strips 0,25 mm x 0,75 mm, distance 0,5 mm, as a continuous spiral,

4 - single turns of 0,75 mm Tape, distance 0,5 mm, on it one more layer 0,5 mm Tape, as a continuous spiral,

5 - single turns of 0,75 mm Evergreen Sheet Styrene (0,1 mm), distance 0,5 mm, as a continuous spiral.

And now to the evaluation, whereby it is to be noted that all patterns will still be leveled a little bit by the following priming and airbrushing.

After that, I think the Patterns 2 and 4 are most likely to be considered, as well as possibly also Pattern 5, which correspond with the geometry (width, distance, thickness) of the SOFI Texture I had previously estimated on the basis of original photos.

Pattern 3 seems to me to be a little bit too much raised because of the thickness (0,25 mm).

On this image, the thicknesses become a bit clearer.

And here is once more a comparison of the Dummy with and without the flour structure, which I also have imagined more or less like this and which I like quite well.

As I said, a better impression one will receive only in the primed and painted state and only then can be made a final choice.
And now I'm curious about your opinion of how you see it.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)