View Single Post

Old 02-25-2019, 08:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.66 MB
Hey romanmodels. AFAIK the GPM Vomag is still not available so it may be that feld-grau is all anyone will get for a while.
Having a gray page of parts reminds me of that Famo kit. That looks really good in FG tho so I expect the Vomag will too.

I'm finding the repetitive work on the tracks OK tbh, altho these teeth are real fiddly & I haven't yet decided on/found an 'optimal' way to build the tapered shape with any speed!
Not sure I would be so calm about your sherman tracks, but I am already thinking about more tank builds !!!

I've seen that at least one publisher offered PDF errata pages for their models so I will submit my findings when I'm done. In any case, if I make sure the thread here has the info it should help others.
I guess for E. Europe they are so familiar with the way paper models work that they just assume you will do any scratch building necessary to fill any gaps in the accuracy of the published model. Could you be a real man if you can't/don't? :D

I can say that the process so far has given me a new understanding of the flexibility of paper as a medium. Once you start to figure it out it seems waaay more manageable/adaptable than pl@$_c.

Not much 'progress' since my last post - it's been more cutting than building. I am almost ready to assemble the 2nd batch of plates & continue wrestling with these teeth....

I'm still working on the basis that I want to see what I can do given the kit as is, rather than with me modding it in any way. Once I get the hang of building/adapting these things to the way they are supposed to work I will probably move onto attempting the 'realistic' versions I see the experts doing. Right now it's gonna be plain-old 'boxing' tho.
Attached Thumbnails
GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-track-teeth.png   GPM 353 T-34/76 mod. 1940-track-plts-batch-2.png