View Single Post

Old 02-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
John and Thumb Dog, I enjoyed reading you comments about Anke and sharing the U Tube find. I enjoyed seeing her in person as we have communicated several time by email. Last year I became quite a fan of Tiny Ireland and made a number of her kits before our visit to Ireland last May.

We were able to see all of the buildings from 8 of her kits, although I purchased almost all of them. You can see these completed ones on my webpage - CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe under Church models- Ireland. I also did a series of posts on Papermodelers which you may have seen last year.

I made it a point to find each building in the Irish towns we visited. I always like to made models first and then see them in person. Many of them we were able to see the interior also. There are always a lot of details to look for that most visitors don't see. The likeness of Anke's designs to the real building was remarkable. Maybe someday I can go back to Ireland and see the rest of the structures in person.

In the meantime, I am working on the day to day descriptions of our Irish trip ( you can read a summary of our trip on cathedralquest.com under Our Adventures - Ireland 2018). I will some day soon publish the details of our visit to each model. We went to Ireland last year mainly for the O'Dea (my wife is O'Day) clan reunion, in Ennis, to celebrate the 200 th anniversary of the O'Dea Clan defeating the Normans. We spent 3 weeks exploring other parts of Ireland.