View Single Post

Old 02-27-2019, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everyone,
now I can also take a closer look on the result of the 2nd Flour test.

And my first impression when spraying the UHU Spray Adhesive did not deceive me. The floured surface of the Dummy looks much smoother and more fine-grained after brushing off the loose flour than with 1st Test with the Pattex Adhesive Spray, which I had suspected. Presumably, the Pattex adhesive was not quite okay and the application worked so flocky.

Maybe I should have sprayed a little more glue, so that more flour would have stuck, because the layer is indeed nicely even, but looks relatively thin.

On this image one can see very nicely the different heights of the two patterns, whereby the Pattern 2 rests relatively flat and the doubled Pattern 4 looks more like the half-rounded form of the SOFI Pattern, which might even prove more favorable in terms of the final look after priming/varnishing, depending on how much of the texture is covered by the primer/varnish.

A close comparison of the patterns of both tests is somewhat difficult to accomplish due to the removal of both Dummies and the focusing of the autofocus,

but on this image one can clearly see the finer and more homogeneous coating of the 2nd Test (right).

And since today the white Vallejo primer has arrived too, I can now prime both dummies,

and then one will see, what will be left to see from the patterns under the Flour surface, whereon I am again very curious.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)