View Single Post

Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Salmson-Moineau SM1 Beta Build

I'm ashamed to say that this is probably my very first build thread ever on this forum. Murph has graciously provided me with the Russian version of this kit to beta build, with the knowledge that I am a very slow builder. As it stands, this week I will be working many late hours and my weekend is already booked up, so please bear with me. I just received a new pack of cardstock that I have never tried before - Printworks 67lb., so we will see how well it works with my Canon TS9000 series inkjet printer.

The S.M.1 was a three seat French reconnaissance biplane with strong defensive armament. However the fuselage was suspended between the wings with the engin transversly mounted within the fuselage to minimize drag. Th aircraft was put in service in 1916. The nose wheel was prone to collapsing and the complex transmission was difficult to maintain in the field. Despite the poor performance, 155 aircraft were built.

My first step will be to build the jig that comes with the kit. I'm currently studying a review of the Copper State Model plastic kit to see what my approach will be to build this monster in paper. I believe that I will build this in 1/48 but haven't decided yet.