View Single Post

Old 03-06-2019, 08:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
This is how I'll fight piracy by placing watermarks everywhere besides designing my models for large format paper. My thinking is pirates will pirate no matter what. I believe most pirates are lazy or they would have designed their own instead of stealing someone else. Hopefully, once they see the watermarks they will leave my models alone. If not, everyone will know where it came from and where they can get my models legit and free. Yes, the pirate can clean off the watermarks, but I think most pirates won't take the time.
It is a very good idea to put logos, names, web addresses on your model pages.
If you think someone might try to sell your model, this becomes even more important.

Allen, your method is more difficult to remove, which is good.

Uhu tried this with at least one of his models, covering the entire sheet background with his name.
(Or was it a logo? or something, I can't exactly remember what he put on the page).
Unfortunately, it just pissed off those of us who think about paper waste and the cost of ink! lol

Free file sharers don't care about your name or logo on the pages
...in fact, they think that by leaving this stuff in place, they are helping to promote you.
They often argue that they are doing you a favour by spreading your work.
When in fact, they are just stealing your web traffic.

I honestly don't care if someone wants to reshare one of my free models to their friends.
I understand how they might like my model and want to post it on their facebook page, or wherever.
They just don't realize that by allowing someone to bypass my website, they are stealing my traffic and potential business.
And that is why I fight to have my models removed from other websites when I find them.