View Single Post

Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 317.47 MB
Yes, that's a really decent Bf-109! If I remember NOBI, you already had one BF in your 1/100 catalogue. In North African or Mediterranean camouflage I think...

About the size of the wings. I've seen a lot of "109" models and two real examples and I'd say the size looks OK on NOBI's model.

But I really want to point out one thing(just don't treat it as a criticsm).

Me-109 is an incorrect name. I know that a lot of people use it(and they even used it back in WWII) ,maybe because it's easier to remember, but it's unprofessional in my opinion. Most of WWII Messerschmitts are BFs. ME was mostly used for jets like -262 or -163. Also, 323 "Gigant" was a ME. These three are probably the most popular examples of ME. Anyway the best explanation is on wikipedia:

Originally the aircraft was designated as Bf 109 by the RLM, since the design was submitted by the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (literally "Bavarian Aircraft Works", meaning "Bavarian Aircraft Factory"; sometimes abbreviated B.F.W., akin to BMW) during 1935. The company was renamed Messerschmitt AG after 11 July 1938 when Erhard Milch finally allowed Willy Messerschmitt to acquire the company. All Messerschmitt aircraft that originated after that date, such as the Me 210, were to carry the "Me" designation. Despite regulations by the RLM, wartime documents from Messerschmitt AG, RLM and Luftwaffe loss and strength reports continued to use both designations, sometimes even on the same page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messer..._and_nicknames