View Single Post

Old 04-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
WOW!! Thank you everyone for your responses.

I had some less than terrific experience with an Epson Printer a few years ago, so I switched to Canon. I liked the printer just fine, but I like to print the vintage models from Agence Eureka and unless I take the time to clear off all the background, they eat up the yellow ink like mad, and it was really costly. So I was printing models at FedEx or OfficeMax. Both are costly at 60 cents to $1 a page. At that price it is less expensive in some cases to buy a second copy of the model/book if it isn't a free one. At least at OfficeMax every print job didn't require being questioned about my nefarious intentions regarding the copyrighted files.

Basically that meant that I wasn't printing and building the things I wanted to because it was a hassle. Especially if I just want to make a quick small thing. Now that I am retired I really want to just be able to print when I want to.

When the previous printer died, it was just before Canon introduced the premium content and my daughter/housemate bought a cheap printer that isn't one of the approved ones, plus it is one of those with a black tank and one color tank with multiple colors - not good for more than occasional use.

Armed with all your experiences I am weighing the merits of a tank printer vs a cheaper printer that will give me access to the premium contents, and trying out the non OEM inks. My daughter needs to print more often now too so that factors into it as well. I am going to check to see if the Canon Tank printer I am looking at is on the approved list and then decide.