View Single Post

Old 05-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello. It looks as though I shall be making a new Lincoln Cathedral model sooner than I had imagined. Lichfield Cathedral had been my first choice but the perfectly coloured card I had found for it ( and Hereford, Chester, Coventry, Carlisle and Worcester ) has more than doubled in price. At least the caramel card I use is a fairly good match for Lincoln. However, on reflection, I shall have to sit down and do the maths in order to see whether I'd be better off making all of my next models in colour. It would certainly be a step change in their evolution. I remember seeing Lincoln Cathedral for the first time on the TV in the early 70s when I was little. It was Christmas Eve and the service of Nine Lessons and Carols was sung by none other than King's College Choir under the directorship of David Wilcox. It was Lincoln Cathedral which bowled me over. Even in black and white, I was smitten for life. So...watch this space. I shall try, and fail, for perfection. By the way Thomas, did you manage to climb all the way up Steep Hill while sustaining a conversation?