View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 07:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
my last sentence herky....
"I know its Warsaw Poland...but they do have the Internet there, don't they?"

Obviously there is more interest paid to pre-printed kits, and the majority of printed kits come out of Poland
(which is also odd given that most of these builders prefer to primer, putty, and paint over all the printed elements!?)

I'm sorry...no disrespect to the fine modellers...but they're all snobs.
You constantly see the same methods, the same kits, and the same disregard for anything that is not Polish.

At the IPMC, I saw kits from every part of the world, and Polish kits got the same respect and attention as any other.

As far as build method, I'll admit, I prefer to see the "paper" model...
I'm not a fan of the puttied and painted model in this arena.
I can see those at an IPMS show.
In fact, thats where they should be, because they're not paper kits any more.

I enjoy seeing how well the paper kit was put together while still being able to see that it is a paper kit.

It would be nice to see more digital kits...and some North American designer's kits....on those tables!!!
So because they dont buy your models and build their pre-printed kits while supporting their own country's hobby and manufacturers they're snobs? Dont think so... Print-out kits are considered piracy there, and are not well seen at shows like that. Its only because you sell models doesnt mean all people around the world will or want to buy them and build them as simple as they are. It takes skill Dave, and years of practice to build them like those in these pics you consider being snobish... .

Its worth mentioning, not all the models at this show are card. it's half of card, half of good old plastic Dave...

regards