View Single Post

Old 06-17-2019, 12:14 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
TD,

Yes, I agree, the simplest course of action would be to do away with the POTW, and replace it with said graphic, next question would be, what would the graphic be of?

So you have a sense of the behind the curtain work that the admins and moderators do, we have been testing various methods for changing the POTW, both in a manual, human driven method, and in a scripted, bot driven method.
We have the human method down pat, and we can guide any one who would like to do it, through the steps.
As for the bot method, we have been trying to get the format, the script can read consistently, correct. So hairs are being lost, and aspirin is being consumed trying to figure this all out.

One tip I can give in regards to viewing the same image over and over, there is a set of arrows located in the top right corner of the POTW box, if you click that, the box will collapse, and after a page refresh, the box will stay closed, until you open it again, and refresh the page.

Also, as I have mentioned in various other forum related threads, if there is something you have seen on another forum, and you really like it, or think we here at papermodelers could benefit from it, point it out to us, and we will go and check it out.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo