View Single Post

Old 07-08-2019, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.75 MB
Send a message via MSN to Lex
I'm baaaack

No I'm not away for another 9 years. Just a trip to southeast Asia. Will be busy the coming months though so not a lot of updates.

Let's start today by saying... The IJN design team at Modelik/Answer is, INCREDIBLY, lazy.

To be more precise, I am talking about that stern deck I mentioned on 22 May.

The Akizuki-class always had two racks of depth charges (6 each) together with two pairs of rocket-propelled launchers that propels them sideways once they are loaded from the racks. Those are seen in my previous photos. No issue there.

Then the other details differ. Akizuki (whose Answer kit I also have on hand) had 6 (3 each side) additional charges dotted along the stern edge, ready to roll off the ship, just like on Halinski's Yukikaze. Unlike Halinski though, the Answer kit did not provide them, although 6 rectangles were drawn in their place and an abundance of DCs were provided, allowing a modeller to 'fill in the rest'.

Fuyuzuki had something different, 2 added racks of 6 charges each, on rails, pointing to the stern, ready to roll off on command. The design team simply removed the boxes and replaced them with 4 lines drawn along the deck, the 'rails'. No charges were provided and not a mention of it in assembly drawing. They *must* have known it's there, maybe it's just a late night and they said f*ck it - enough work for the day.

That leaves me to fill in the rest. Tracing the stern, adding the missing parts of the deck. The rails, racks and depth charges follow. Now the stern should look a bit more convincing.

Last but not least, the triple 96 MGs are finished. Not the best of the effort though, I am really bad at metalworks.

*You can also see me correcting a bent propeller while nobody is looking*

(Just to mention that drawings for everything I made are available on request, in case anyone need them on any IJN builds.)
Attached Thumbnails
IJN Fuyuzuki [Modelik 1:200]-20190706_011935.jpg   IJN Fuyuzuki [Modelik 1:200]-20190706_115733.jpg   IJN Fuyuzuki [Modelik 1:200]-20190706_131754.jpg   IJN Fuyuzuki [Modelik 1:200]-20190706_183408.jpg