View Single Post

Old 07-19-2019, 02:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Model

The model(s) are comprised of 122 parts on seven parts sheets, it includes as well historical information, 9 illustrations with full rigging details, parts are numbered from A-1 to G-20 while kept as simplistic as possible, there are enough, “fiddly-bits” to keep even the most advanced modeler, “busy for awhile”.

It’s in a strange scale, 1/120 (I have no idea why)

A large format print measuring 11” x 17”, while I understand completely that the, “standard purveyor” may be reluctant to publish large format prints, this model may still be available to you.

To procure a download of this model, please PM me personally and I’ll tell you how you can download this authentic, “piece of Americana”.

AUTHOR’S NOTE: I really enjoyed assembling this model, it was very pleasant to look at when fully rigged and assembled, as well as fairly easy to assemble, having only 122 parts, I believe I assembled four, complete, “pairs” and enjoyed doing it each and every time.

I would really like to see someone do a, “build thread” of this (why should I have all of the fun?), other than the rigging, they are really two, pretty simple models.

I do anticipate that there may be a day in the future, if there is an interest, of completely re-drawing it using contemporary technology to bring it up to today’s standards.

It’s been 23 years since this model has, “seen the light of day” I had forgotten all about it until a recent inquiry brought it back to my attention, with that in mind, I decided to scan the original and make it available to the general public.
Attached Thumbnails
Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf01.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf02.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf03.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf04.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf05.jpg  

Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf07.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf08.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf09.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tf10.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tfmodel1.jpg  

Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tfmodel2.jpg   Exploits of the famed gun-runner, "THREE FRIENDS"-tfmodel3.jpg