View Single Post

Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
I have been out of paper modeling for a while now - actually modeling of any kind - for various reasons, but I was watching The Expanse yesterday and just got this itch to model the Rocinante. Only there is no plastic model of it, only 3D prints and a resin kit. Then I remembered that paper modeling exists and I searched for the ship, and lo and behold, not only is there a kit, but it's a large, beautifully detailed kit! I downloaded it and printed it out, then I began assembling the propulsion module. This is one beautifully designed little kit! I love the instructions especially. They're so nice and clear!

One thing did confuse me when assembling the frame, and that is part K4, which doesn't appear to have a use. Also, the octagonal ring parts, B3 through B6, don't really fit all that well in their respective locations. It might have been better to have those parts be flaps on the edges of the rings instead so they wouldn't overlap as badly (with the exception of B4, because it's an inside part). But on the other hand, the bad fit isn't too noticeable, and it hardly detracts from the stellar build so far. I can't wait to finish this baby and post pics!