View Single Post

Old 08-21-2019, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.21 GB
Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.

Friday evening 8/16/19 Pablo “Wire & Paper” joined us Paper Modeling Folk for the first time at the California IPMS Orange County Chapter meeting and competition.

Pablo placed into competition an absolutely outstanding highly detailed “Green” ship.
I kept busy pointing out to the plastic club members that Pablo’s ship was paper! Unbelievable!

David Okamura had several paper model competition and displays including his ships in a number of scales.

Jim Nunn showed several Kartonowy Arsenal kits for the members and visitors to analyze.

Meeting Pablo and seeing his craftsmanship was lots of fun.
Sadly, due to the hotel’s air-conditioning not working, floor fans were brought in and aimed at the competition table. My little 4 and 3/4 inch Manila Dory took off, flew across the table and wiped two antennas off one of the plastic competition models. The modeler was almost explosive. This did not help my paper modeling participation.

Photo of us:
Jim Nunn, Pablo, me, and David Okamura.

BP
Attached Thumbnails
Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-873.jpg   Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-870.jpg   Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-863-.jpg   Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-977.jpg   Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-manila-dory.jpg  

Paper modelers gather at IPMS meeting.-boys.jpg