View Single Post

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Test Build of F2G-1 "Super" Corsair Military Version

I have agreed to do a test build of Will Aldrich's latest variation on the "Super" Corsair; this time the original military version. If you are not familiar with Will's designs see the various threads (here and on Z) involving the #57 and #74 racing versions and the alpha build(s) I did for his hypothetical racer "Mr. Hyde." All are available from Germir Models or from ecardModels.com.

This thread will get off to a slow start since both Will and I will be on the road (separately) for the next week or two. While waiting for the new files I will be starting on the cockpit and center wing framework which is identical to the existing models.

Hopefully I will be able to get through the build without injury and we will all be able to enjoy another of Will's fantastic designs. I know there are other (more talented) builders out there more qualified to do this than I am so give Will a shout if you want to give it a go.

CAUTION: The first part of this build will be done using parts from the #57 and/or #74 racers so the part numbers referenced may not be the part numbers used on the military model. Some details may also change from what you see here and I will try to note those if/when they occur. For instance, I am not sure if the cockpit details for the military version will be the same as the racers.

I intend to have some fun trying to do a respectable job for Will. Those of you familiar with my haphazard (and sometimes incomplete) build threads might get a good laugh too...I know I will.