View Single Post

Old 09-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thanks Dave.

I do not know if it is ISP related. I have no idea.

At the time I spoke to the ISP (our national telecom company) for nearly two hours and they had the same problem when trying to access it with their systems.

The problem is not a slow connection. It is no connection. No data can be recieved or posted.

Yet if I set a VPN to USA no issues.

At the time I also discussed it with Rick and he performed some checks. Again there appeared to be nothing wrong with the site.

---------------------------

Bear in mind that more members may be having issues, but if they do not have personal contact with members outside the forum, or have no VPN access or knowledge (which is the case with many people), then they will have no way of reporting the problem. So the problem may be more widespread.

----------------------------

Also note the same issue is now happening to members in Germany. So, the fact it is occurring in two different countries at least means it is not ISP, the individuals browsers etc.

Note also, I am not saying it is the site either. I can't. I don't know. If I had an idea of what it was I would say so.

But logic does say at this stage it is something more likely to do with the site or the internet/gateway chain at the American side or at some other node.

And note Africa does not route via the same gateways to the States as Germany.

---------------

Nils and Revell-Fan - I am able to log on currently without VPN, and have been able to so for the last 10 odd days. Prior to that I was I was unable to get in for over a month. Prior to I was in only for two weeks, and before that off again for around six weeks.