View Single Post

Old 09-25-2019, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
Thank you all for your comments. I'm sorry I didn't spot the earlier ones promptly, so please forgive the delay in replying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Wonderful modelling, especially the frame - sounds like a typical kit designer's cop-out to leave you the freedom to decide your own method of construction; rolling tubes that long and of that diameter looks like a bit of a fantasy!
Chris, you are very kind. To be fair to the kit designer, it seems to be an accepted style in eastern Europe to use wood, wire or plastic for components which do not lend themselves well to paper construction. I find it an interesting challenge to use paper as much as possible (though still not exclusively).

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo67 View Post
Outstanding Craftmanship Alen ...
somehow I have missed this thread ...
I was wondering ... what glue do you use for gluing the frame tubes?
the framework is gobsmacking...
Again thank you for your generous comments. I don't use anything special for tubes, just the white PVA glue I use for most things. The main thing is to have exactly the right diameter rod to use as a core when gluing a little at a time - I have collected a large variety over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Contacted Milan, offered him a hefty cost, and now got a digital copy of the templates of the Cechie-Bohmerland 1927. No intention to build it in paper, maybe from beverage cans. Just figuring what the time frame will be, probably in years!

Thanks, Alen, for sharing the building photos that are most helpful for my attempt to build it. Wonder if you still have the patterns you mentioned in your post #71 of this thread?
That is splendid, though it sounds like a major project for you! I hope you will keep us informed about your progress.

Yes, I do have the patterns (somewhere!) as I am not very good at throwing things away. If you would like to contact me by PM, and let me know your email address I can probably find them and send them to you in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermate View Post
Sorry, it should be Alan and not Alen.
Not a problem, there are so many possible spellings that I am used to all sorts!