View Single Post

Old 09-26-2019, 04:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Why

This is where things get odd, as some of you may know, Marji and I are currently going through a number of previously un-published, large format prints, most recently the, “Three Friends”, this particular print is definitely an, “odd-ball”,originally printed in size, 14” x 17” (35.56 x 43.18 cm).

So, “digging through this pile”, Marji comes to me one morning and says: “What about the Grand Romance?, why don’t you publish that?”

I was aghast!, “the Grand Romance?, I don’t have the time to completely re-draw and digitize that, it was hand drafted, pen and ink, hand cut color separation, it’s a very primitive print by today’s standards, why would you want to publish that?”, (as I had completely forgotten all about it)

Her reply was, “No!, publish it just the way it is!, which would you rather have?, a hand drawn Picasso?, or a computer generated Monet?, I’d rather have the hand drawn Picasso!”, she finished by saying, “It’s my most favorite model of all time”, I found this odd because I considered it my LEAST favorite model. (of all time)

Back in 1993, the, “latest, greatest” developments were the GUI (Graphic User Interface), windows 3.1, “iconography” and “AOL”, this was a BIG departure as we has always worked in DOS prior to that, simple text based commands.

I remember a colleague of mine telling me, “don’t bother with windows, it’s just a passing fad, stick to DOS” (boy was that guy wrong!)

This model was no exception as you can see on the illustrations, parts of notation were marked by a simple, “exclamation point”.

Here are a few images showing the cover sheet and illustrations, it includes plans for polymer display case.
Attached Thumbnails
The mystery of the GRAND ROMANCE (Marji's story)-romance-cover-01.jpg   The mystery of the GRAND ROMANCE (Marji's story)-romance-cover-02.jpg   The mystery of the GRAND ROMANCE (Marji's story)-romance-illus-01.jpg   The mystery of the GRAND ROMANCE (Marji's story)-romance-illus-02.jpg