View Single Post

Old 09-27-2019, 11:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 254.35 MB
I Googled P2V-7 Neptune landing gear and found several helpful photos, a set of detail add-on landing gear parts for the Revel plastic model, and an article in BritModeler.com on modifying the Hasegawa plastic model so the landing gears, both main and nose, are off-center to match the prototype. Because the later article was modifying the wheel well, it also show where the crew entered the aircraft. My friend told me that he could enter the plane via a ladder at the aft end of the nose wheel well and I just assumed there was a hatch at the end of the ladder as you faced the ladder. It turns out that the entrance is on the port side which mean you have to turn your body to the right at the top of the ladder. When I give the finished aircraft to my friend, I am going to ask exactly how did the crew board and exit the aircraft. My friend also mentioned there is a hatch near the tail of the aircraft that was low enough that you could pulled yourself up without a ladder. Anyway, we are almost done. Next, install the landing gear and then build the canopy, radome, and antennas.
Attached Thumbnails
1/87 scale P2V-7 Neptune-15-cowling-details-9499.jpg   1/87 scale P2V-7 Neptune-16-landing-gear-9502.jpg