View Single Post

Old 10-30-2019, 10:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
It's been a few years since I've flown one now Mike. My Rugrats have all grown into teenagers so Grandpa doesn't get dragged down to the beach for the day anymore. Don't even see them very often either.

I just looked in the cupboard and there's still a few frameless parafoils and an octopus that has never been flown. Silly price on Wish.com that I couldn't resist. The big Chinese eagle is still there too. Last time I flew that from my back garden it caused quite a few cars on the A5 to stop and watch as they thought it was one of our local Ospreys. It is pretty realistic, even close up. If I get a chance, I'll put it together tomorrow and post a picture.

Of course, the bestist ever kite I ever flew was the Irving Delta Two Para-wing that I used drop with in Service. With the right weather conditions, we could get them to behave like hang gliders and used to travel three or four miles away from the drop point. We had a lot of success tow launching them with cars and motorbikes. Long before Bungee ropes were invented of course, but I'm sure we could have Catapult lanched if they had been available. Dunno if anyone's tried it yet with the modern Parafoils.