View Single Post

Old 11-13-2019, 02:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello everybody,

and after the end piece of the GO2 Press. Line now to the end piece of the GH2 Press. Line, which directly lies next to it and after two bendings runs slantwise upwards in the direction of Crossbeam, as one can see on this image.

Source: NASA

With this line I want to proceed the same as with the GO2 Press. Line and initially only bend its end piece from the last Ice Frost Ramp (R24) to the TPS cladding under the Crossbeam, because the continuation of the line on the LH2 Tank until the Fairing on the Intertank should also be installed separately.

In the following image I have used a Steel rod (Ø 0,4mm) for the GH2 Press. Line and threaded it into the back three Resin ramps from the Newware Kit (NW 131).

On this photo one can see an Original ramp with the two Press. Lines, as well as the LH2 Cable Tray runnig below.

And already as forward look and for the sake of completeness, in the following image are to see the 17 Ice Frost Ramps on the LH2 Tank , whereby the Ramps 1-14 (R23) are "Double"-Ramps (see previous photo).

The connection point of this line piece at the TPS cladding under the Crossbeam can be seen in the following photos.

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (Jester)

In this photo one can see in the zoom that in front of the Fitting in front of the TPS cladding also still a small Support is sitting.

Source: forum.nasaspaceflight.com (DDG40)

And that is this point here on the model, which has unfortunately proved to be too low with detailed review and measurement of the gap to the LO2 Feedline Bracket, which is why I had to shorten the TPS cladding very carefully a little bit with a razor blade to create the required space for the little Support.

And these are the required separates. The small Support I've cut off from the rest of the TPS cladding, in front of it lies the tiny Fitting made of Insulating hose, and in front of them the Cu dummy for the end piece of the Press. Line (Ø 0,4 mm).

And the test fitting of the Press. Line looks already rather well.

But with that I was again faced with the same problem of threading the tiny Fitting in the space of this gap ...

But meanwhile I have some practice with it, and that's why I have prepared this time again a small Toothpick-Tape holder, as at that time in a similar action at the SSWS on the MLP,

at its top of which this time the Fitting hung.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)