View Single Post

Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 23.70 MB
The buggy

One thing about this Forum, with the influx of all the new members and the cream of the crop designers and builders, the topics move fast on the home page. On THAT other site, I have an old post that has been on the front page for a week now. I don't have any problems finding it. Here, sometimes I have to go to the Forum's page and look for my section so I can update it.

Well here are a few more build sequences for you all.

On the jig, I drilled the holes on the indicated channels from the outside in.

I then put a small amount of glue on both ends of the spokes and I insert the tapered end from the inside out of the rim. Then I lay down the blunt end on the center hub. In this case the hub bottom is laminated 3X. The spokes are from round tooth picks.

After all the spokes are placed in their positions I smear a generous goop of white glue on top of the center spokes. Be careful not to let the glue overflow to the jig

The place the other side of the center hub over the goop. Should be laminated 3X.

The four wheels are done and all the main pieces get a generous coverage of matte black as an under coat. (This is the reason that I do not worry about marks on the white beta look. It will be covered up later.)
Attached Thumbnails
Horse drawn Buggy-048.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-049.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-050.jpg   Horse drawn Buggy-051.jpg