View Single Post

Old 11-27-2019, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
May I suggest a pvc pipe armature that runs the height of the mode? I think you'll find the traditional interior support structure of cardboard will fail you at the ankles and shoulders. Especially if you live in a humid area, like north central Florida. I have a Pumpkinhead (the 90's movie) model that is almost (or only) 2' tall. It was great in the winter but would fall over at the ankles in summer! I ended up slicing it open and adding a traditional aluminum wire armature mounted on a piece of wood to hold up all that cardstock and paint.

I saw a video a couple years ago of a guy building a lifesize game character. He ended up using wood strips and a bunch of wooden tongue depressors to build what in the end was a messy interior wall style armature. I think if you can make a consideration for a proper armature from the beginning, you'll save a lot of time and frustration in the long run. If you want to stay more toward the paper and card realm, make the armature from box tubes or rolled up corrugated. Laminating for strength. I've even read of people spraying expanding foam into the tubes to add rigidity.

But heck, the challenge of figuring it out and making it all work as you go along is half the fun! I really look forward to your build, and hopefully learning from it myself!