View Single Post

Old 11-30-2019, 03:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you Beachead and hirondelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirondelle View Post
Thanks to you & Romanmodels discussion of tubes my exhaust production has been a bit easier
Your build really brings home the satisfaction that assembling a pile of tiny pieces can produce, Igor.
Of course having something that is recognizable as a model helps
Talking about exhaust pipes...

The next stage of assembly was not easy - again the tubes, not regular, but rather varying in diameter and bending in several directions
Namely - the exhaust pipes.
But previous experiments on cats helped and first pipe came out OK , where second was even better.
Not ideal, but I was satisfied with the result.

An interesting note: the developer, anticipating the crysis, gave these details in three copies...
I managed to assemble with the first one, so not everything is lost

Here you can see several stages of assembly.
Due to the small connecting tongues, I decided to tint the ends at the end.
I used acrylic paint, instead of usual water one and painted it with a toothpick, to prevent splitting the paint.

At this point, gluing parts is very critical, as everything should join the sequels of the unit and do not bulge out of the engine compartment, not to mention getting into it at all.
Therefore, I tried to put the engine in the hull a lot of times and measured and checked so that everything will sit right.
This is probably the other side of the coin in such a complex and very accurate model.
There is no chance that a drop of the glue layer will not be added and all the folds will be perfect and there will be no small errors
here and there and in the end everything needs to be adjusted so that it will connect perfectly.

In general, the exhaust pipes connected normally, only on the right pipe
i cut a little at the end below, so it will not rub the side of a hull.
You can see on the last photo that eventually they entered exactly along the walls.

In the process, I noticed that carburetors sit higher than the upper line of engine compartment.
So one evening I had horrors on the table, during the correction of these.

There are few details left, so the end is already visible!