View Single Post

Old 12-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Location: Lived with my wife aboard a small sailboat since 1991
Total Downloaded: 6.36 MB
Older Models using foil and paper

Here are a few from the early 1990s. I made dozens of them, sold quite a few and gave a bunch away. The laminate is too thick for smaller scales with fine detail, but works great for the kind of stuff you can sell or give away that will not shed parts if they fall over. I wondered if this was the right forum to post this in, as I cheat using everything PVA will stick to. Cork, gasket material, mat board, linen, and just about anything else but plastic, which I avoid entirely.. That said, I use acrylic paint and cover almost everything with several coats of clear acrylic UV resistant varnish. I like to make things that last, and if I had a shop metal would be my first choice, though paper is a very close second, and doesn't rust. I was hoping to find someone to try my material and maybe improve it, but Gil has a far better process and perhaps your time would be better spent following his tutorial. I would very much like to see some models made using it.
Attached Thumbnails
Laminating card and aluminum foil-dsc08907.jpg   Laminating card and aluminum foil-img_1451_1.jpg   Laminating card and aluminum foil-img_1471.jpg   Laminating card and aluminum foil-img_1492.jpg